- How To Do A UX Competitor Analysis: A Step By Step Guide https://usabilitygeek.com/how-to-do-ux-competitor-analysis/
- A Product Designer’s Guide to Competitive Analysis https://www.toptal.com/designers/ux/product-designer-guide-to-competitive-analysis
- SWOT analysis on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWOT_analysis
- UX Glossary: Task Flows, User Flows, Flowcharts and some new-ish stuff https://uxplanet.org/ux-glossary-task-flows-user-flows-flowcharts-and-some-new-ish-stuff-2321044d837d
- UX Foundations: Information Architecture https://www.lynda.com/Web-User-Experience-tutorials/Foundations-UX-Information-Architecture/122427-2.html
- Affinity Map http://gamestorming.com/affinity-map/
- Example of affinity diagram used in a larger design process: http://www.nicholasdraney.com/ciderexpert.html
- Another example: http://www.iacquire.com/blog/include-your-clients-in-the-persona-research-process-with-affinity-mapping
Homework due Friday January 19
- Comparative Competitive Analysis for chosen app.
- SWOT analysis for chosen app.
From last week:
- 3 personas and 3 empathy maps, one for each persona.
- Rewrite + refine proposal for chosen app.
- Heuristic Evaluation of the existing app.